The purpose of this policy statement is to clearly explain to you how we collect, use and store your personal data as well as letting you know your rights when it comes to your personal information and in accordance with the new Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) approved by the EU Parliament on 14 April 2016. Enforcement date: 25 May 2018. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC
We collect personal data/information in various ways
- Directly from you when you fill out one of the forms directly on our website.
- When signing up to receive our e-newsletter
- Registering as a user.
- Communicating or corresponding with us via telephone, post, email, messenger or on social media.
We may collect personal information such as:
- Your contact information including name, address, email address, telephone.
- Your communications with us.
- Your device location data and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we may use your personal information
We use your personal information in various ways including:
- Action any requests you make.
- To allow us to run, maintain and develop our business.
- Supply you with requested information
- To send you our e-newsletter if you have opted in to receive it.
- Send you information about our products and services by email or other means if you have opted in to receiving relevant marketing communications.
- Send you information about products and services offered by other companies that we think you might be interested in if you have opted in to receiving relevant marketing communications.
- To help us improve our website to make it more intuitive and engaging.
- To perform market research.
- To help personalise your user experience.
- Provide you with access to parts of our website.
- For legal, regulatory or business reasons such as assisting crime and fraud prevention.
- To perform analysis and research and monitor your usage behaviour
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive or mobile device that track, save and store information about a user’s interactions and usage of the website.
For more information about cookies please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Clear gifs, web beacons, web bugs
These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies, they are used to track movements of web users between pages and websites. However unlike cookies, clear gifs, web beacons and web bugs are not stored on your hard drive or cache, they are embedded in an invisible manner on web pages and are usually the size of a single pixel.
What are these tracking technologies used for?
- They allow our website to function correctly
- To help us understand how our website is functioning and to inform us of any relevant improvements that may be required.
- To gather relevant data that helps us deliver advertising and marketing content relevant to your interests.
Third Party cookies
We partner with third-party services such as Google who use various tracking technologies to provide certain services or features on our website, including targeted online marketing.
For the most part the cookies on our website are deployed by Google Analytics, Google Adsence and Google.Com
__utma. This cookie is used to determine the unique visitors to our site. They expire after 2 years
__utmc. These cookies work together to calculate the average length of time users spend on our site. These expire when you close down your browser
__utmz. This cookie records information about how the visitor reached a specific page i.e via a direct link or a search engine.
__utmb. These cookies calculate the average length of time users spend on our site. They expire after 30 minutes
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
How to disable Cookies
Users who wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
You can change your web browser’s settings at any time to reflect your cookie preferences. Details on how to disable cookies for the most common browsers can be found below:
What happens if I disable cookies?
Depending on which cookies you disable, generally though the website may not function properly if cookies are switched completely off.
For more information about cookies please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of anyone our website.
Links to third party websites
Our website may have external links to third party websites although none of these links are intended to provide us with any personal information about you. However when you do visit those websites you may find that they would like to collect your personal information for their own purposes. Please check their privacy policies in each to see how they plan to capture, use and store your personal data.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
Our website may sometimes contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom will their own detailed cookie and privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
We cannot be held liable for any damages, losses or implications caused by visiting any external websites linked, intentionally or not, from our website.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
How we keep your personal Information secure
- We make every effort to safeguard your personal data and to ensure it is stored in a secure.
- Data may also be stored on encrypted cloud hosting systems with very limited personnel access.
- Data storage devices are kept in a secure facility with restricted physical access.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Sharing your Personal Information & Data
- We will never sell, share, rent or exchange your personal data with any unauthorised third parties.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will hold onto and store your personal information for as long as we actually need it for ( or allowed by law ) the purposes we acquired it for in the first place.
This is generally whilst you continue to be a client of ours, are using our website services and products, or are signed up to our newsletter.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold at any time.
Please contact your request via email to: email@example.com
or via post to
Loft Conversions Leicester
8 Portsdown Rd
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was reviewed and updated on the 5th June 2018 and will be periodically checked, changes will be posted here.
Resolving Privacy Issues
We will always try our best to resolve any data privacy issue you may have. You have the right to refer any data privacy issue to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time.
Staying Safe Online
This website Get Safe Online has plenty of sound good advice about protecting yourself and keeping your personal data safe online.
GDPR – Data Protection Regulation
GDPR the new Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) approved by the EU Parliament on 14 April 2016. Enforcement date: 25th May 2018. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC