What is a loft conversion?
A loft conversion is a project that is done to convert a loft space into a livable area. It basically converts the attic of a house into living space. Loft conversions provide an easy and affordable way to increase rentable space in many types of properties, including homes, offices and industrial buildings.
An attic or loft can be converted so much more than just an extra bedroom and bathroom. Think about converting your attic into a timber-framed library with glass walls, all for one low price! At KJC Loft Conversions, we are experts in all types of loft conversions.
Why do people choose to convert lofts?
There are many reasons why people choose to have a loft conversion. The most common reason is to gain extra living space. Aloft conversion can provide extra bedrooms, bathrooms, offices or storage space. Loft conversions are a great way to maximize the use of your property and can be a very affordable way to add extra living space.
Other reasons for loft conversions include:
• Adding value to your property
• Getting more natural light into your home
• Creating a more open and spacious feeling in your home
• Improving the insulation and energy efficiency of your home
The benefits of loft conversions
There are many benefits to having a loft conversion, including:
• Extra living space – A loft conversion can provide extra bedrooms, bathrooms, offices or storage space.
• Maximizing the use of your property – Loft conversions are a great way to make the most of your property and can be a very affordable way to add extra living space.
• Added value to your property – A well-executed loft conversion can add value to your property.
• More natural light – Loft conversions can let in more natural light, which can brighten up your home and make it feel more spacious.
• Open and spacious feeling – A well-converted attic can create a more open and spacious feeling in your home.
• Improved insulation and energy efficiency – Loft conversions can improve the insulation and energy efficiency of your home.
How much does it cost to convert a loft?
The average cost of a loft conversion in the UK is around £10,000-£20,000. This price range can vary depending on the size and type of conversion that you opt for. There are a few things to consider when pricing a loft conversion: the amount of labour required, the materials needed, and any additional features or fittings that you want.
Who should consider converting their loft
Loft conversions are often undertaken to meet the needs for additional space in a house. However, there are other benefits that come with loft conversions than just having more space. There are many people these days who want their homes to be energy efficient. If you live in an area where the winter months can get quite cold, by converting your loft into an extra living space or bedroom you could avoid heating up another room that would be below your conversion. Loft conversions also allow for better airflow by removing any obstructions like drop ceilings and tiles on the floor. Loft conversions are also a great way to add value to your home if you are considering selling it in the future.
Loft conversions are a great way to maximize the use of your property and can be a very affordable way to add extra living space. These loft conversion projects come with many benefits, including additional bedrooms, bathrooms, offices or storage; added value to your property; more natural light; open and spacious feel; improved insulation and energy efficiency. Who should consider converting their loft into an extra room? Anyone who lives in an area where winters get cold (to avoid heating up another room), wants better airflow (removing obstructions like drop ceilings/tiles on the floor) or would like to increase the value of their home if they’re considering selling it in future. Contact us today if you are in need of a loft conversion.